- In infections by protozoa and obligate anaerobic bacteria, such as Clostridium spp.
- In bacterial infections of the genitourinary system, gastrointestinal tract, mouth/pharynx and skin, caused by bacteria sensitive to Metronidazole, guided by a specific antibiogram.
- Do not use in animals with liver disease.
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- The use of this veterinary medicinal product is not recommended during pregnancy.
The recommended dose is 50 mg metronidazole per kg body weight per day for 5-7 days.
Preferably given in two equal doses (i.e. 25 mg per kg body weight, twice daily) for 5-7 days.
In order to calculate a correct dose, body weight should be determined as accurately as possible. This is to avoid underdosing.
Administer Metrazol orally.
Per tablet: metronidazole 250 mg.
The tablets can be divided into two or four equal parts to ensure correct dosage.
The following adverse reactions may occur after metronidazole administration: vomiting, hepatotoxicity and neutropenia and neurological signs. In very rare cases neurological signs may occur, especially after long-term treatment with metronidazole. If you notice any serious side effects or other reactions not mentioned in this leaflet, please inform your veterinarian.